Sunday, April 14, 2013

Day for the Kids

Turned out to be a beautiful day today - Luna wanted to ride Timbuktu so she is now "in charge" of him - handling him, saddling him and getting ready to ride, so he learns to listen to her and not only to me.  They already are having a great time together.  Here they are giving each other a kiss.

Of course Luna feels ready to get out and ride him cross-country, but I told her that she had to be able to prove to me she can ride him in the round pen before I let her out to ride around in the pasture.  Luna rode Timbuktu walk / trot for 2 hours today.  First hour was in the round pen - she can get him to listen to her and walk, trot and halt.  This is great training for him as well - to learn to listen to a smaller rider.  

Bella was not about to be left out - so she rode Podo, our faithful mini and Luna rode Timbuktu.  It was quite a hoot - Bella trotting around the outside of the round pen and Luna trotting around inside.  I didn't want to be left out either, so I saddled Khatmoondhu and we ALL rode together, independently, in the pasture.  This is a dream come true - Luna (7), Bella (5) and myself, riding around on horses together.  I have only waited 7 years for this to happen.
 What a great day!  Here is Bella with our two minis - Podo and Comet.  They will be heading in two weeks to the Little Buck Series Horse Show / Gaming event.
Lucky Me!

2 comments:

  1. You said it! You & Mark must be extremely proud parents! Luna & Bella radiate such happiness with those huge smiles! Now, you've got to get Mark out there with the camera so I can see how great you all look! Before long you'll all be riding horses you've bred!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. Luna's seat is as perfect as her mothers!

    ReplyDelete